Make this salad if you’re unsure of what to do with all that extra mint growing in your garden. This savory/sweet combo is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ. Watermelon is full of healthy nutrients and fiber which is good for digestion and it hydrates you at the same time!
- 4 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- ½ of a peeled garden cucumber, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, olives and feta in a salad bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mint, chives, salt and black pepper together to prepare the dressing
- Drizzle dressing on salad, toss the salad and enjoy!