If you’re worried that the holidays will steer your healthy eating habits off track, you can use these tips to help you remain conscious when making decisions about what foods to eat.
- Put all the appetizers you want to eat on one plate. This will help you keep track of how much you’re eating.
- Choose smaller plates and load them up with veggies and lean proteins to help curb cravings.
- Choose wine spritzers or clear liquids over beer, rum and eggnog which are higher in sugar and calories.
- Stay active! Offset holiday calories with a little extra exercise. Instead of going for a walk maybe try a stationary bike ride to help you burn a few more calories.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. The key to building healthy habits is consistency, not perfection. It’s the holidays after all.