Try this vibrant vegetable soup using seasonal vegetables.
- 5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes(undrained)
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted red bell peppers, drained if bottled
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil (crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the tomatoes with liquid, broth, roasted peppers, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oil, sugar, and salt. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.