We’re setting you up for success with your weight loss goals moving into the holiday season of 2017.
Here are 7 Diet Resolutions from Dr. Nitya Sharma, director of Westmed’s Comprehensive Weight Loss Center
- Create goals that are attainable as opposed to something that is not within reach. For example, starting with a 5-10% weight loss goal is attainable for most people.
- Be specific. Begin by creating specific goals such as walking for 15 minutes every day or having at least 2 servings of vegetables daily.
- Shape goals by starting with something attainable and working up to desired goal
- Carve out time in your day (even if it is small pieces of time) by planning ahead to achieve your goals.
- Have a strong support system; your friends, family, colleagues can help to encourage you to stay on track.
- Occasional lapses are normal but don’t get derailed by them; continue to move forward.
- Find ways to be accountable to yourself; example, keep online or written food and exercise logs, check your weight regularly.