At Westmed, we understand the unique issues women have in losing weight and achieving a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Julianne Dunne, board certified in both obesity medicine and obstetrics and gynecology, and her team will help you balance the hormones in your body and develop a customized plan to address your weight management concerns. In addition to losing weight, you will feel better, sleep better and have more energy.
Hormonal hurdles that affect eating habits throughout your lifespan can sometimes contribute to infertility, increase the risks of pregnancy and delivery, as well as potentially impact the health of your baby. Excess weight can also contribute to future risk of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, as well as certain cancers. Together, we’ll create a plan to help prevent these potential health conditions.
At Our First Meeting We Will:
- Review your medical and nutritional history
- Obtain baseline measurements and blood work
- Review nutrition basics
- Review lifestyle improvements
- Discuss a structured eating plan
- Consider high protein meal replacements to jump start your program
- Consider prescription weight loss medications, if appropriate
- Weekly weigh-ins (or call in your stats if you cannot come in)
- HealthTrac App to monitor your daily progress
- Wellness Portal to receive daily emails for your eating plan and exercise regimen
Meet our In-Balance: Women’s Focused Weight Loss Team: