Westmed Medical Group’s Hospitalists are board certified in internal medicine, and often trained as specialists in pulmonary care, or other specialties.
Advantages of Hospitalist Care:
- Because a hospitalist only works in the hospital, they are able to keep a closer eye on you and your care and are never very far.
- Your hospitalist knows the preferred specialists and departments in the hospital, and will assist you through a smooth and speedy recovery process by following up on tests and adjusting your treatment regimen throughout the day.
- Hospitalists enable primary care physicians (PCP) to be more available to you when you’re not in the hospital
- Westmed hospitalists work closely with our primary care physicians. Since we use electronic medical records (EMR), all of our hospitalists have access to the data from your office visits at Westmed with your medical history.
- The hospitalist writes any new prescriptions that you will need, and will update this information in your EMR – giving your primary physician the most correct, updated information on medications for your follow-up visits.
Our hospitalists are board certified in internal medicine and some are trained as specialists in pulmonary/critical care medicine, or other specialties.