What We Offer
- A one-on-one conversation that typically lasts 40-60 minutes.
- A review of family history and ancestry
- An overview of genetic concepts that can explain the likelihood of finding a mutation in particular genes of interest
- Discussion surrounding of the benefits and limitations of genetic testing
- A personalized risk evaluation
- Information about the genetic testing process and an explanation of insurance coverage
- Medical recommendations for screening and care based on family history and/or genetic testing results.
- Referrals to physicians who can participate in your care if desired.
- Confidentiality of all private information
Westmed’s program provides specialized counseling regarding cancer genetics and prenatal genetics. We understand the personal and sensitive nature of genetic information and seek to approach any concerns with care.
To schedule a consultation, please call (914) 305-2750