Your Safety is Our Priority
Throughout the pandemic, your health and safety remain our top priorities. At Westmed, we have implemented many protocols and procedures to reduce the risk of infection for everyone in our buildings. These preventive actions include:
Screening of all patients and staff before they enter the building which involves masking of all patients, temperature checks, and hand sanitizing stations. We have also adopted a limited visitor policy to ensure our waiting rooms allow for proper social distancing measures.
Masking and PPE
All patients entering our practices must wear a mask at all times; masks are provided to all patients at our entryway screening tables. Masks should cover your nose and mouth at all times.
All staff at Westmed is also outfitted with appropriate PPE such as masks, face shields and gowns to protect them and you. Though it may feel a little different to visit your doctor and Westmed staff while they are wearing their full PPE, know that their smiles are still there, right behind the mask.
Social Distancing Measures
- Layouts that create distance between patients and limit time spent in the waiting room
- In-car “wait rooms” with texting notifications so patients can safely wait in their cars for their appointments and be directly escorted to exam rooms
Rigorous Cleaning Protocol
Key steps we have taken to enhance staff/patient safety include:
- Additional daytime workers dedicated to sanitizing all touch points throughout the day
- Daily evening Viking Pure San electrostatic deep-clean sanitizing within all buildings
- Daily checks of all HVAC systems to assure maximum fresh air exchanges
- Distribution of several hundred bottles of hand sanitizer
Please keep in mind when coming to Westmed that no visitors are allowed to accompany patients at this time, with the exception of pediatric patients and patients with disabilities. Click here to view our revised policy.