We Are Here For You.
There is no doubt that the world has changed since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. We promise that the quality of care you have come to know and expect at Westmed will never change. We are here for you.
Common Symptoms of COVID-19
COVID-19 can affect everyone in different ways and symptoms have varying levels of severity. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms could have COVID-19 and it’s a good idea for them to schedule an appointment with their doctor to determine the appropriate next steps for care:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
COVID or Flu?
(CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE)
Check out this helpful guide to help you determine what the symptoms you are experiencing might indicate, but remember to call your provider and communicate any health concerns you have.
Reduce Your Risk
The latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers guidance on how to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy, and lower your risk of infection. There are actions you can take today to help stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others outside of your immediate family
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when you are around others, especially in a public setting and when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or sanitize your hands using an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Stay out of situations where you know there will be a large crowd or group of unmasked people
- Stay home if you are sick and encourage family members to do the same
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
For more information on COVID-19 disease prevention, visit the CDC website.
Learn more about how we are keeping you safe: