Behavioral Health FAQs
Who can be seen at Westmed Behavioral Health?
- Patients that have a primary care provider at Westmed Medical Group can be seen by the Behavioral Health team. A primary care provider is a Westmed OB/GYN, Pediatrician or Internal Medicine physician. In order to make an initial appointment with a Behavioral Health specialist, the patient must have had an annual visit with their Primary Care Provider.
All patients must have an established relationship with a Westmed pediatrician for at least six months.
How do I make an appointment?
- Patients must speak with their Westmed primary care doctor and request a referral to Behavioral Health. Patients with a referral should call (914) 848- 8030 to initiate the intake process.
What insurances do you accept?
- Visit our patient info page to see the list of insurances accepted for behavioral health.
What are your self pay rates?
- Self pay rates are available upon request.
What do I do if I need to cancel an appointment?
- You can simply call our main number at (914) 848-8030 and inform the office of the cancellation. You can also reschedule at that time if you are an existing patient.
Is there a penalty for missed appointments?
- If you fail to show up for your scheduled appointment with us or cancel less than 24 hours in advance of your appointment there is a potential no show charge of $50.