Pain is multidimensional, and can affect us physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our comprehensive back pain program at the Spine Center includes services from our experts in behavioral health, the field of medicine dedicated to mental and emotional well-being. Patients with back pain are evaluated and treated holistically, by a team that includes specialists in psychiatry, social work and psychology. Our aim is to help eliminate your pain safely, and get you back to living a full, active life.
Services We Offer
- Complete psychiatric assessment
- Evaluation of current medication regimen
- Assessment of substance abuse issues
- Safer medication regimens (lower doses of narcotics and tranquilizers)
- Treatment with a full range of non-opiod medications
- Pain management using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Stress management
- Therapy for PTSD
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Chronic pain support group
- Mind-body therapies, including visualization, relaxation, meditation, hypnosis
- Evaluation of disability issues related to chronic pain
Why We Are Different
Our team of behavioral health specialists at the Spine Center is led by a board-certified psychiatrist with many years of experience treating patients with issues related to chronic pain. We understand the mind-body connection as it relates to back pain, and help you achieve better psychological and emotional health so that you can feel better faster. Our specialists work in partnership with your other physicians, ensuring comprehensive care that addresses all causes of your back pain.