About the Provider
Dr. Cushner is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who treats conditions of the musculoskeletal system, including traumatic injuries to the upper and lower extremities, as well as sports injuries and arthritic conditions. He has completed specialty training in sports medicine and trained with advanced surgical procedures for the knee and shoulder.
He received a bachelor of arts degree from Duke University and a medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He then completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. After his residency, Dr. Cushner completed a fellowship in sports medicine/ sports trauma at the South Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute in Northern California.
Dr. Cushner has been practicing in New York since 2001. He is a physician member of the United States Amateur Boxing Association and has served as a team physician for U.S. Snowboard Team. He works with many local sports organizations, including the Gaelic Football Association. Dr. Cushner has published articles and book chapters involving orthopedic injuries and surgical techniques.
He treats a variety of orthopedic conditions for adults and children, including:
- Shoulder injuries: rotator cuff, labrum and instability
- Knee injuries, ligament, cartilage, tendon and meniscus injury
- Arthritic conditions of the upper and lower extremities
- Spine, neck and back pain
- Conditions of the foot and ankle, cartilage and tendon injuries
- Elbow injuries and traumatic tendon injuries
- Fractures of the upper and lower extremities
- Hand conditions, carpal tunnel, trigger finger, fractures
- Workers Comp injuries
Dr. Cushner’s interview on “Deep Vein Thrombosis: The Silent Killer” on News 12 Westchester can be viewed at:
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
St. John's Riverside Hospital
Office Location (1)
Yonkers – Ridge Hill
Ridge Hill 73 Market Street
For accurate GPS instructions, use 1 Ridge Hill Blvd
Yonkers, NY 10710
Ph: (914) 831-4160
Fax: (914) 831-4161