Did you know that vaccines are recommended throughout our lives based on age, lifestyle, occupation, travel destinations, medical conditions and vaccines received in the past? Certain factors (such as health conditions) may even put you at higher risk for more serious illness if you were to get sick.
The Internal Medicine Department of Westmed in partnership with American Medical Group Association (AMGA), works to improve the health of patients everywhere by increasing vaccine/immunization rates, with a special focus on high risk patient immunizations each year.
Please find our information on vaccines below, intended for patients aged 18 years and older:
- Seasonal influenza (flu) (for all adults)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) (for all adults who have not previously received the Tdap vaccine and for women during each pregnancy)
- Tetanus and diphtheria (every 10 years following Tdap vaccine)
- Shingles (for adults 60 years and older)
- Pneumococcal disease: includes prevnar and pneumovax (for adults 65 years and older and adults younger than 65 who have specific health conditions)