What You Need to Know About Vaccines
Here’s a Checklist to Help you Prepare for Every Visit:
Whether this is your first appointment, or you are a returning patient, the best way to get the most out of a visit with your Westmed Medical Group provider is to come prepared to ask questions.
- Bring your insurance card.
- If you are a new patient, and need to transfer medical records from another provider please download and complete this form.
- Be prepared to provide your medical history, including the dates of any prior hospitalizations, surgeries, eye exams, immunizations, etc.
- Bring a list of your medications—especially if you are seeing a physician outside of Westmed, since we will not have access to provider data outside of Westmed.
- Download this Medication Tracker and fill in medication names, dosages and how many times you are taking them.
- Remember, you can view current Westmed medication information anytime via the My Westmed patient portal.
- Consult your doctor before making your own appointment with a specialist. Sometimes your primary care physician can treat the same condition as a specialist.
- Be sure to check with your insurance company to confirm your appointment does not require a referral.
- Visit the My Westmed online patient portal, and download the My Westmed mobile application for iOS or Android to review your personal health information anytime.
- Please click one of the following links where you will find a list of participating insurance companies for providers in Connecticut and New York.
- Write down all of your healthcare concerns and questions you’d like to address during your visit. Here are links to four pages that may be helpful.