An advantage of receiving care at Westmed Medical Group is the wide range of insurance coverage accepted. This allows our patients the convenience of seeing their preferred doctors, even if they need to change insurance plans.
Please find a list of health plans with which WMG is participating below. Before selecting a Westmed provider, please check with your insurance company to determine if the provider participates in your plan. Additionally, we encourage you to consult with your healthcare insurance provider to confirm the plan imposes no special requirements for the provision of laboratory, radiology, pathology, or any other service.
Each patient is ultimately responsible for the selection of a healthcare plan and for understanding the benefits provided thereunder.
Westmed Behavioral Health Participating Insurance Plans
Last Update: 1/3/2020
1199 National Benefit Fund
- Through Aetna network
32BJ Benefit Fund
- Through BCBS network
- HMO, PPO/EPO, POS and Medicare
- Excludes Aetna SRC
- Excludes FIDA and MLTC plans
- SNP (Special Needs Plan)
- Excludes MLTCP, PACE and Social Day Program
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HMO, PPO/EPO, Blue Access, Connection, Indemnity, Healthy NY, Medicare, Unicare, Anthem BCBS PPO.
- Excludes: VFG and VJD Prefix, HealthPlus Gatekeeper Plans.
- Excludes No Fault, Workers’ Compensation and Medicare
- Traditional Medicare New York and Railroad Retirees
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Archcare Advantage HMO SNP
- United Healthcare: AARP Medicare Complete, HMO, PPO and Regional PPO-excludes PFFS and Secure Horizons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Mediblue Medicare Advantage
MVP Health Plan
- Medicaid and Child Health Plus and Essential Plans
- Excludes: HMO, PPO/EPO, Healthy NY, Premier, Premier Plus and Medicare
- Liberty and Freedom Plan
- Metro Plan
Southern Westchester School Cooperative Health Plan (SWSCHP)
- Through Empire BCBS
- HMO, PPO, POS, EPO
- Charter, Core, Compass and Navigate
- Medicare: AARP Medicare Complete, HMO, PPO and Regional PPO-excludes PFFS and Secure Horizons
- Excludes Community Health Plan
If WMG is not a participating provider in your plan, and if the services to be provided are non-emergent, WMG can provide an estimate for the amount you will be billed for the healthcare services being considered.*
WMG is currently affiliated with White Plains and Greenwich Hospitals. While a patient at these hospitals, you will be cared for by your WMG provider and WMG hospitalists, who are participating providers in all WMG accepted health plans. Please contact the hospital directly if you are unsure if the hospital and staff are participating providers in your plan.
Should you have additional questions, or if you would like to request an estimate for the amount you will be billed for healthcare services provided, please contact the Medical Billing Office at (914) 681-3110.
Please note: WMG partners with Westchester Anesthesiologists, P.C. to provide anesthesia services for procedures performed at WMG. Under the terms of this agreement, Westchester Anesthesiologists are participants in the same insurance plans with which WMG participates. Insurance participation is not guaranteed for services provided in a hospital setting. If you would like additional information about Westchester Anesthesiologists and their participating insurance plans, their contact number is (914) 428-5454.
*Absent any unforeseen circumstances that may arise whenever healthcare services are provided.