Do you love eating mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving? Try a healthy spin on one of our favorite Thanksgiving side-dishes by swapping out potatoes for a less-starchy veggie — cauliflower! This creamy mashed cauliflower dish packs a whole lot of flavor in every forkful.
Serves 2 people, double recipe for 4.
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 1.5 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- salt, pepper
- sprinkle chopped parsley and Parmesan for garnish
- Finely chop and then simmer garlic in a small pan with 2 tbsp olive oil. Remove before the garlic turns brown.
- Steam a bag or 1.5 cups of pre-packaged cauliflower florets. Put it in a food processor once steamed.
- Add Parmesan, chicken broth, sauteed garlic,1 tbsp of olive oil for healthy fats and then salt and pepper to taste. Blend in food processor. You can play around with the texture by adding less or more broth and Parmesan and blending more.
- Remove from food processor and place in bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan to taste.