This chicken salad recipe, from the American Heart Association, is simple, easy and filling. If you need a lunch in a pinch, this is a great option!
- 2 12.5- oz. canned, salt-free white meat chicken (packed in water, drained) OR replace with fresh cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced onion (purple or white)
- 1 8- oz. canned water chestnuts (drained, chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unoiled walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup seedless, halved grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Toss all together with dressing.
- Combine all in small bowl, mix well.
Scoop the seeds out of a tomato or bell pepper and serve a scoop of chicken salad inside or serve over a piece of whole wheat toast or a plate of mixed greens or baby spinach.