Recipe from Westmed dietitian, Jamie Feit, RD
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced herbs (parsley, thyme, sage)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. oil for cooking
- Rice the head of cauliflower in food processor ( or buy pre riced bag).
- Microwave the cauliflower in a covered microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes.
- Drain any moisture from the cooked cauliflower.
- Put oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté onion over low heat until golden in color, ~20 minutes.
- Add cooked onion to cooked cauliflower, set aside to cool.
- Mix in breadcrumbs, herbs, egg, pinch of pepper and salt.
- Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Form into patties and pan fry each side of pattie until golden in color.
- Serve with applesauce or Greek yogurt.