Brussels sprouts with red bell pepper strips are a tasty and healthy side dish. Learn how to steam your brussels sprouts with this simple recipe.
- 10 oz fresh or frozen brussels sprouts (thawed if frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Tbsp light tub margarine PLUS
- 1 tsp light tub margarine
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-6 drops red hot-pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Steam the brussels sprouts and bell pepper for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association.