Awards and Recognition
The success of Westmed Medical Group is evidenced by its recognition by national publications and other groups who rank the country’s and region’s top doctors and healthcare facilities.
Westmed has received numerous honors and recognition over the course of our history. We are recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the following programs:
- Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Diabetes Recognition Program
- Physician Organization Certification in Credentialing and Recredentialing
Westmed has been an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) since 2012, and is one of 480 Medicare ACOs nationwide.
A “Best” Place to Work in Healthcare
Westmed Medical Group has earned national recognition by the Great Places To Work Institute as a “Great Rated Company” annually since 2014, a “Best Workplaces in Healthcare” (#27), and a “Best Workplace in New York” (#23) in 2017 by Fortune Magazine. In 2018, Westmed was again honored by Fortune Magazine and the Great Place to Work Institute as a “Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma” (#21). This recognition is a testament to the hard work, passion and commitment to service that each of our employees bring to our medical practice every single day.
Certifications and Accreditation
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) Accreditation – the highest level recognition
- Surgery Suite WP AAAASF OBS Accreditation (Office Based Surgery)
- Gastroenterology (Ridge Hill & 3030) – AAAASF Procedural Accreditation
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Laboratory – CLIA & CLEP Certified
- Outpatient Service Center – AAAHC
- Cardiology – ICAEL
- Oncology – QOPI
- MQSA Certified – NYS Registration/Connecticut Registration
- American College of Radiology Certifications: MRI, Ultrasound, Stereotactic, PET/CT Scan & Mammography
- Vascular Surgery Suite (3030 Westchester Ave) – AAAASF Accreditation