Awards and Recognition
The success of Westmed Medical Group is evidenced by its recognition by national publications and other groups who rank the country’s and region’s top doctors and healthcare facilities.
Westmed has received numerous honors and recognition over the course of our history. We are recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the following programs:
- Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Physician Organization Certification in Credentialing and Recredentialing
Westmed has been an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) since 2012, and is one of 480 Medicare ACOs nationwide.
A “Best” Place to Work in Healthcare
Westmed Medical Group has earned national recognition by the Great Places To Work Institute as a “Great Rated Company” annually since 2014, a “Best Workplaces in Healthcare” (#27), and a “Best Workplace in New York” (#23) in 2017 by Fortune Magazine. In 2018, Westmed was again honored by Fortune Magazine and the Great Place to Work Institute as a “Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma” (#21). This recognition is a testament to the hard work, passion and commitment to service that each of our employees bring to our medical practice every single day.
Certifications and Accreditation
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Certification: Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home & Physician Organization Certification in Credentialing and Recredentialing
- American Heart Association Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ Recognition Program Gold Recognition – 2019
- American Heart Association Target BP™ Gold Status recognition
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) Accreditation – the highest level recognition
- AAAASF OBS Accreditation (Office Based Surgery)
- AAAASF Procedural Accreditation(Gastroenterology: Ridge Hill & 3030)
- AAAASF Accreditation (Vascular Surgery Suite: 3030)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Recognition: Quality Diabetes Self-Management Education* and Support (for the third consecutive year) – Westmed Diabetes Education Program
- CLIA & CLEP Certified (Laboratory)
- AAAHC (Outpatient Service Center)
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission – ICAEL (Cardiology)
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative – QOPI (Oncology)
- MQSA Certified – NYS Registration/Connecticut Registration
- American College of Radiology Certifications: MRI, Ultrasound, Stereotactic, PET/CT Scan