Updated as of March 9, 2020 at 5:00pm
Yesterday evening, a Westmed provider who practices at our office located at 210 Westchester Avenue (White Plains) tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). It is likely that this provider’s exposure is tied to the original case which occurred in New Rochelle. We have been in very close contact with the Department of Health, and they have indicated no additional testing or self-quarantine is needed for any providers, staff, or patients who had contact with this provider.
The provider has been self-quarantined since first notification of possible exposure was received, and before he became symptomatic. Westmed is fully committed to keeping our patients and staff safe during this time, and is following all CDC & Department of Health protocols surrounding coronavirus. Our goal is to maintain full transparency, and we will be informing this provider’s patients of the diagnosis.
• While Westmed is unable to provide testing for coronavirus at our offices, we are in close communication with local community hospitals, and will be able to provide you with guidance on where to seek testing, if you suspect you may have contracted coronavirus.
• You must receive a referral from your PCP prior to receiving testing at the hospital. Call your doctor if you believe you have been exposed to coronavirus, or have fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Westmed Urgent Care Virtual Visit is available for patients seeking on-demand access to urgent care services like allergies, sinus infection, minor cuts & scrapes, etc. Click here to request a virtual urgent care visit today.
• More Westmed providers will begin to offering telemedicine visits as an option by the end of the week.
• Westmed is requesting that all patients book online before walking in to our Urgent Care facilities. We are suspending walk-in service at Urgent Care for the near future.
• Westmed Urgent Care in Greenwich and Stamford will be temporarily closed as of tomorrow March 10, 2020, to support higher volume facilities and provide appropriate triage.
• All Westmed Urgent Care Centers in Westchester, NY will currently remain open. Check wait times or book online today: westmedgroup.com/savemyspot
• We have a number of resources available to our patients, to help navigate any confusion that our patients may face, including a Public Health Informational Hotline (914-831-4149), our website and our social media pages (including our Facebook page). For additional FAQ on the virus from Westmed click here.
Please remember, if you have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms like fever, cough and shortness of breath, we urge you to call your provider prior to coming into the office. We are here for you, and will help you determine how best to seek care.