Our comprehensive weight management program is designed to offer the most complete care in weight management through a unique multidisciplinary approach involving:
- The latest medical advancements in weight management
- Identification of barriers to weight loss, including biological and medical factors
- Individualized, healthy and balanced eating plans
- Building a ‘tool box’ of skills to attain long term weight loss
- Guidance on shifting to more healthy behaviors (ie, increasing physical activity)
- Frequent monitoring to provide support and encouragement
Weight management has seen advancements in research and technology that make maintaining a healthy lifestyle easier to achieve than ever before. Whether you have 10 or 100 pounds to lose, the Healthy Measures Weight Management team will create a personalized program just for you.
A series of factors is analyzed to put you on the path to better health. After an extensive medical assessment, together, you and the Healthy Measures Weight Management Program team will determine a personalized treatment plan that will put your weight loss goals within reach.
The treatment plan may include any combination of the following:
- The use of high protein meal replacements to help you get a ‘jump start’ on your weight loss
- A structured, low glycemic diet plan
- Medications, if appropriate, to help aid in weight loss
The following are some of the measures that will be monitored through the course of your treatment:
- Weight (kg)
- Height (meters)
- BMI (body mass index)
- Waist circumference (inches)
- Total cholesterol / LDL / HDL / triglycerides
- Fasting glucose
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
We realize that the goal of weight loss is simply not just about the ‘pounds lost’ but more importantly, an overall sense of better health. Your Healthy Measures Weight Management Program team helps you acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for long term health and weight
The Healthy Measures Weight Management Program is led by Dr. Nitya Sharma, a board-certified internal medicine physician, specifically trained in obesity medicine, Jennifer Schaeffer, a registered dietician and Joanne Santos, program coordinator.