What We Do
At the WESTMED Gastroenterology Department, our goal is to provide patients with complete, comprehensive and efficient attention regarding all problems related to the digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum and liver. All of our board-certified
gastroenterologists treat common GI conditions, such as gastro esophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, colon polyps (both simple and advanced), inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis and hepatitis, to name a few. We perform all common endoscopic procedures, including gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Our wait times for office appointments are very short. In addition, urgent consults in many circumstances can be provided on the same day. Endoscopic procedures are usually performed in our endoscopic office facilities at multiple locations here at WESTMED.
Who We Are
All of our physicians who specialize in general gastroenterology, and who perform gastroscopy and colonoscopy, include the following members:
- Drs. Jonathan Finegold, James B. Ehrlich and Devi Thangavelu are located at Ridge Hill, which is located at 73 Market Street in Yonkers.
- Drs. Steven Fink, Andrew Francella, Anna Tuyama, Alisa Mark, Alan Jaffe and Hashem Hashem, who are located at our 210 Westchester Avenue location in White Plains.
Some members of our team with particular interests in certain subspecialized areas within gastroenterology are able to offer and perform some of the latest and most advanced technological procedures. Those procedures include radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus, capsule enteroscopy, high-resolution
esophageal manometry, Bravo pH, endoscopic retrograde pancreatography (ERCP) and endoscopic ultrasound.
The gastroenterologists who perform these specialized, advanced procedures are as follows:
- Radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus: Dr. Finegold and Dr. Hashem
- Capsule enteroscopy: Dr. Finegold and Dr. Francella
- High resolution esophageal manometry: Dr. Ehrlich
- Bravo pH: Dr. Ehrlich
- ERCP: Dr. Hashem
- Endoscopic ultasound: Dr. Hashem
Many of our physicians use the WESTMED secure e-mail system as well as traditional contact with patients by phone.
We see patients generally Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Some of the physicians in our department have limited hours on certain weekend days. We look forward to helping you and seeing you soon.