What We Do
Endocrinologists treat people with hormonal disorders. Our goal is to provide excellent evidence-based care. We believe in providing empathic and efficient healthcare, in which the patient is an equal partner in making decisions about his/her health.
Conditions We Treat
We treat conditions resulting from insufficiency or excess of various hormones in the body, including:
- Diabetes Type 1, Type 2 and gestational
- Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Weight management
- Thyroid disorders including goiter, thyroid nodules, underactive or overactive thyroid (thyroiditis, Graves disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis) and thyroid cancer
- Low testosterone (hypogonadism)
- Disorders of adrenal and pituitary gland
- Disorders of calcium metabolism (parathyroid gland vitamin D deficiency)
Outpatient Procedures in an Ambulatory Setting When Needed
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of the thyroid (thyroid biopsy)
Why We Are Different
WESTMED offers a true team approach. We can connect immediately to the referring WESTMED physician and, thereby,are able to provide timely recommendations for patient care. We offer the ability to obtain laboratory and imaging services (such as thyroid ultrasound and bone density) in one convenient location. In addition to traditional communication with their doctors, our patients have online access to laboratory results, medication refills and appointment scheduling.
Our doctors have received training at some of the top training programs in the country. We have published research papers in prestigious journals and are involved in the teaching of the next generation of endocrinologists. Therefore, we offer management informed by the latest research findings.
We work with nutritionists and diabetes educators in order to empower patients to make lifestyle changes. We offer sophisticated technologies to our patients to help them manage their diabetes better, such as state-of-the-art insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors.