A big advantage to using WESTMED Medical Group is the wide range of insurance coverage accepted. This means you should be able to keep your doctors even if you find you have to change insurance plans. We care equally about every patient regardless of the insurance provider.
WMG is affiliated with White Plains and Greenwich Hospitals. If you need to be admitted to the hospital, please contact the hospital directly to determine if it and its respective staff members are participating providers in your plan. While a patient at these hospitals, you will be cared for by your WMG provider as well as hospitalists who are employed by WMG and who are participating providers in all the health plans in which WMG is a participating provider.
You will find below a list of health plans with which WMG is participating. This list of participating plans is being provided to you as a courtesy. We recommend that before you select a healthcare plan or make any changes to your present plan, you contact your healthcare provider. You are ultimately responsible for the selection of a healthcare plan and for understanding the benefits provided thereunder.
If WMG is not a participating provider in your plan, and if the services to be provided are non-emergent, then upon your request, WMG will be pleased to provide you with a written response. This will include the amount or estimated amount you will be billed for the healthcare services being considered, absent any unforeseen circumstances that may arise whenever healthcare services are provided.
In most instances, all services that the WMG-affiliated providers are arranging for will be with other WMG providers. This includes, but is not limited to, surgical assistant, radiology services, laboratory services and pathology services. However, there are some exceptions. Before selecting a provider, please call your healthcare provider to determine if a specific provider participates in your plan.
WMG has an agreement with Westchester Anesthesiologists, P.C. to provide anesthesia services for procedures performed at WMG. Under the terms of that agreement, they are required to participate in all the insurance plans with which WMG participates. For your convenience, you will receive a bill for these services directly from WMG. If you would like additional information about Westchester Anesthesiologists, P.C., the offices are located at 800 Westchester Avenue, Suite N511, Rye Brook, New York 10573. The telephone number is 914-428-5454.
We encourage you to check with your health plan to confirm the plan imposes no special requirements for the provision of laboratory, radiology or pathology services.
If you have additional questions or would like to request a written estimate of the amount that WMG will bill you for the healthcare services to be provided, please contact our Medical Billing Office at 914-681-3110.
WESTMED NY Participating Insurance
1199 National Benefit Fund
- Through Aetna network
- Westchester county locations only
32BJ Benefit Fund
- HMO, PPO/EPO, POS and Medicare
- Excludes-Aetna SRC
- Direct Complete (Specialists only)
- HMO, PPO/EPO, POS
- Excludes Medicare
- PPO/EPO through GHI
- Excludes CompreHealth and Select Care.
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HMO, PPO/EPO, Indemnity, Healthy NY, Pathway and Pathway Enhanced, Child Health Plus, Medicare, Unicare, Anthem BCBS PPO.
Empire New York State Government Plan
- Excludes No Fault, Workers’ Compensation and Medicare
- PPO/EPO Only
- Excludes HMO and all Medicare/Medicaid plans
Great West Healthcare
- Must have FirstHealth logo on insurance card.
HHH Choices HMO SNP
- Excludes Medicare, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, CompreHealth and Select Care.
- Traditional Medicare New York, Connecticut and Railroad Retirees
- AARP Medicare Complete HMO-through United/Oxford-excludes RPPO and PFFS
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Mediblue Medicare Advantage
- Excludes limited benefit plans
MVP Health Plan
- HMO, PPO/EPO and Healthy NY
- Medicaid and Child Health Plus
- Excludes Medicare and MVP Options
Southern Westchester School Cooperative Health Plan (SWSCHP)
- Through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield-excludes Medicare
- HMO, PPO, POS, EPO
- Charter, Core, Compass and Navigate
- Medicare-excludes RPPO and PFFS
- Excludes-Community Health Plan