WESTMED Medical Group has full service clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories. The clinical laboratory includes a patient service area, where the phlebotomists do venipunctures, and a state-of-the-art laboratory-testing center. This lab is equipped to perform most routine analyses in hematology, chemistry, microbiology, coagulation, serology, and special chemistry. Like the rest of WESTMED, the laboratory is fully computerized and paperless. Our systems have the ability to send lab results to the patient's electronic medical record quickly and efficiently after testing, when it is performed in our lab.
The anatomic pathology laboratory offers full histology services including special stains, immunohistochemistry, molecular pathology (HPV), and cytopathology. We utilize the most advanced technologies available including automation, light microscopy, image analysis, liquid base monolayer Pap smear preparation (Thin Prep).
- We are a CLIA-certified, New York State-licensed laboratory, delivering quality service.
- Experienced medical technologists and technicians use computerized, state- of-the-art equipment to ensure timely and accurate test-result reporting in our laboratory-testing center.
- We have board-certified, full-time experienced pathologists with over 40 years of collective experience.
- Physicians are alerted immediately for abnormal results.
- The clinical laboratory offers convenient hours.