We are pleased to offer two interactive, educational programs for patients with COPD, their families and caregivers, with the help of Dr. Steven Meixler, Kate Olko, FNP and the rest of your WESTMED COPD Team.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- What is COPD?
- Symptoms, course & complications
- Approaches to treatment
- Nutrition, exercise, lifestyle
- Recognizing a “flare” - partnering with your healthcare team to avoid ER visits and hospitalization
- WESTMED approach to hospital care and transitioning back to life at home
- Integrated approach to care - case management
- Role of palliative medicine for the patient with advanced lung disease and the family
Thursday, January 22nd | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Ridge Hill, 73 Market Street, Yonkers, NY
Thursday, February 19th | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | 3030 Westchester Avenue, Purchase, NY
Register online by clicking here.