Because of ongoing changes to the health care system and health insurance plans, it is more important than ever to understand your health coverage and benefits. Knowing these things will keep you abreast of what you must pay when you visit your physician, have tests done, and undergo any procedures. WESTMED Medical Group recommends that before your next visit you learn all of the specifics of your plan and coverage.
You can learn the details of your policy by visiting your insurance company Web site or contacting its customer service department. Contact information can usually be found on the back of your insurance card.
Some things you should know and clarify with your insurance company:
· Be aware that many insurers require that you pay multiple copays on the same date of service.
· You may have a deductible that needs to be met before your insurer pays. Know the amount of that deductible. Most deductibles start again in January of the new year (Medicare included).
· Determine if a procedure is covered regardless of the diagnosis.
· Identify if a referral or an authorization is needed for your visit.
· Understand limitations such as one physical allowed once a year or once every two years.
WESTMED Medical Group patient services representatives can answer billing questions Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call us at (914) 681-3110 or e-mail us at BillingQuestions@westmedgroup.com
(Click here to view WESTMED's Financial Policy)